Tuesday, October 14, 2008

August Weddings

Singing at the wedding - nerves of steel!


The girls with their gifts given to them for singing

Me with my group of best friends from high school
(I have no clue why my mouth is open...)


In August we had two more weddings to attend. The first was our good friend Connie who was the teacher at the private Christian school in Detroit Lakes, MN where the kids attended the program for homeschoolers each week when we lived in Moorhead. All of us grew quite fond of Connie and miss her greatly. She requested that Gabriella and Ruby sing His Banner Over Me is Love during the ceremony, so they did. I was apparently the only one nervous because neither of the girls suffered any stage fright whatsoever. It was a beautiful wedding in Connie's parent's home.

The next wedding this month was that of Debbie, my best friend in high school and college roommate. It was such fun to see so many of my school friends again and do some catching up. I even got to see some that could not attend our school reunion last summer which was such a great experience.

Sadly, we were invited to a couple of other weddings in August, but could not get them all in the schedule, or they were too far to travel to.

I'd say that August is a fabulous month to get married, although maybe I am biased since Mike & I celebrated our 15th anniversary on August 14th!

No comments: