Saturday, March 22, 2008

A New Family Tradition...Special Occasion Vegan Cupcakes!

I love cookbooks and always enjoy looking over new ones. Currently I have The Complete Book Of Sushi checked out from the library that we enjoy looking over and getting ideas for making vegetarian Nori rolls and more.

A few days ago I got my very own copy of Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World: 75 Dairy-Free Recipes for Cupcakes that Rule . I had seen it before and had wanted to own it to assist me with the frequent challenges of creating good vegan birthday cakes. I thought this would be a fun tradition to have an entire book of fabulous cupcake recipes for the family to choose from (with photos) for their birthdays and display them in a creative way... forget the big cake! (Exception being the long loved popcorn cake b-day tradition we enjoy.)

I purchased one of those cupcake tier stands to put all the little gems into and wa-lah! Better than a cake - you have a tree of cute little baby cakes. Genius!

The entire household is busy picking out their cupcakes to be baked for their birthdays - bookmarks galore in such a little cookbook!

By the way... the cupcakes are quite divine! No one would be disappointed with these, nor would they ever suspect they are vegan (shhh - don't tell) - they put your usual cupcakes to absolute, utter, and may I add, complete shame.


You just cannot leave a single crumb behind!

No comments: